Don’t worry, I’m not talking about the newest episode, The Force Awakens, just yet.
I’ve only just watched the first trilogy (episodes IV-VI) for the very first time. I am now OBSESSED. So obsessed, in fact, That my mom picked up these tissues and these stickers at the Dollar Tree as a little suprise:
At first I told myself I would watch Star Wars for the sake of research. I’m moving to Disney World, where Star Wars obsessions are allowed to run rampant, and I wanted to know my stuff. Little did I know that I would be sucked into the stories of the “galaxy far far away” and enthralled by Luke Skywalker’s journey to become a Jedi knight. I loved the classic battle between good and evil, no matter how otherworldly the setting. Star Wars is so popular for a reason–its message is universal.
Here are forty pure, unadulterated thoughts on the phenomenon as I sat down to view episodes IV, A New Hope.
- HERE IT IS! The famous opening title/explanation of this movie thingy that is so iconic and beloved by so many.
- SO MUCH SPACE. I would hate to fly through outer space…it’s too much…space.
- I can tell I’m gonna love Princess Leia. She seems like she can take care of herself.
- These robots are cool. The gold one is my spirit animal: “WE’RE DOOMED.”
- DARTH VADER. IT’S HIM.
- IT’S MUFASA. OR MUFASA IS DARTH VADER. You know what I mean.
- Luke Skywalker, you sure are a cutie.
- Luke Skywalker, YOUR EYES.
- LUKE SKYWALKER. I LOVE YOU.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: his mother must have wanted the children on the intergalactic playground to taunt his name. But it is in a galaxy far, far away…
- I freaking love the music.
- Luke’s planet is not a planet I could live on.
- Isn’t it crazy that these planets were all filmed on our one planet but their existence is solidified in the world of stories that takes place entirely on Earth? It’s like inception. Or something like that.
- I love how characters can come to life through the creative process. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia: they’re all REAL because of George Lucas and the fans that clung to them. HOW COOL.
- I’m getting sidetracked. Moving along…
- Hey! It’s Indiana Jones! I mean Han(s?) Solo…
- Is it Han or Hans?! Google…
- It’s Han. Ok. I still have a bad relationship with the name “Hans” because of Frozen.
- HEY! Thats Chewbacca! His face is plastered on tons of merchandise!
- I LOVE HIM.
- Hyperspace looks like Space Mountain! STAR WARS IS COOL!
- I’m using CAPS LOCK a lot in this post…
- It’s because I’m so dang EXCITED. OBVIOUSLY.
- R2-D2 is adorable. I want him.
- But C-3PO is my spirit animal…I mean droid. He truly is.
- Princess Leia is a bada**. Excuse my french, but it’s true. I love a strong female character, especially in these kind of movies.
- I could name a puppy Leia…
- Sidetracked. But you know what else is cool? Star Wars merchandise is everywhere. Especially in Disney. I’M MOVING TO DISNEY.
- Hot topic might have a cool, comfy shirt in Star Wars style.
- Oh! This one’s cute! And it’s the poster of A New Hope! I’m watching it! I need it!
- Well, placed my order. I’ll wear it when I meet these people in Disney. (Thanks, Christmas money!).
- Back to the movie…
- Chewbacca is so adorable. He panics half the time and his little moans are so endearing. Can I have him too?
- So far I want all the supporting characters to take along with me on my daily adventures. We could have a good time, I know it.
- Darth Vader loves choking people with the Force. Bad Darth Vader…
- The Force is one cool concept, let me tell you. If only I had watched Star Wars before my mythology paper was due! There are so many mythological allusions and elements.
- Light saber fights are my favorite.
- The good guys blew up the Death Star! Yay, good guys!
- When can I watch the next one?
UPDATE SINCE COMPOSING THIS DRAFT:
I only need to watch one more movie, and then I’ll be truly ready for The Force Awakens. I. Can’t. Wait.
And here’s the shirt I ended up buying:
Until next time, “May the force be with you.”