As I finished up my 6 AM workout this morning, I realized a glorious (but bitter sweet) thing–I only have two more mandatory 6 AM workouts left in my volleyball career! It’s crazy to think about. I’ve had such a love-hate relationship with those workouts; it’s just so hard to get out of bed sometimes, but then you feel like you can tackle the world after all is said and done. I feel awake and raring to go after the mandatory morning sweat session.
I’d like to think that these workouts have shaped me into quite the morning person. I typically love mornings–coffee and fresh starts, contemplating your look for the day, and a little dancing around to get yourself pumped. That last part could just be a “me” thing, though.
Anyways. I’ve decided to compile some tips and tricks on how to conquer mornings. What fun would it be, however, if I didn’t write this post with a little Disney twist? Here we go:
- Sing a happy working song. Take a tip from Mary Poppins, Giselle, Snow White, and Rapunzel and get to singing some happy tunes as you get ready for your day! I’m a huge fan of Spotify, and as I get ready to tackle my daily tasks, I am always sure to hum along with some of my favorite tunes.
- Tidy up. This cue comes from Cinderella; call on your animal friends (or just your pup or kitty cat) and get to work cleaning up any mess you might have made getting ready–dirtied dishes, strewn clothes, misplaced makeup– pick it up! When you arrive home for the night, a happier, cleaner home (or castle–whatever you would like to call it) will be there to greet you.
- Coffee. Caffeine is awesome, ok? Sip it from you favorite Disney mugs (see my some of my mug collection for some inspiration).
- Eat a good breakfast. A good breakfast just kick starts your day and gives you energy for all your galavanting throughout whatever kingdom you reside in.
- Smile from [Mickey] ear to [Mickey] ear. A smile is the best accessory we can have, so why not don one the first thing in the morning? A great attitude and a matching disposition help you tackle the busy-ness that is inevitably waiting for us as we head out the door. I think the boss mouse himself would approve of this little tip.
There you have it! These are some of my tips and tricks to waking up and savoring those Disney-fied mornings before they fade away into drowsy afternoons. Morning is the time to prepare yourself for the inevitable butt-kicking you’re about to do throughout your day.
I hope everyone is having a “zip-a-dee-doo-da” day! Remember, the next time you have to drag yourself out of bed in early morning, smile, eat, drink the coffee, and sing your way to a brighter day.